Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
We’re looking for people with a passion for founders, storytelling, and technology to join the team.
In this role, you will use your analytical and narrative abilities to take the stories of Animalz customers and turn them into successful content.
An ideal Thought Leadership Writer at Animalz:
- is highly passionate about startups and knowledgeable about all aspects of running a business, including management, leadership, fundraising, finding product-market fit, and growth
- has a deep understanding of distribution channels like Twitter, Hacker News, LinkedIn, and Reddit— and a track record of producing successful content for those channels
- has a minimum of 2-3+ years of experience pitching, writing, editing, and publishing long-form content (1,500+ words) on deadline
- has strong communication and leadership abilities—this role requires writers to be able to confidently conduct interviews with founders and CEOs of multi-billion dollar companies
can independently generate original, insightful content ideas that help our customers achieve their goals
- has some experience with ghostwriting and is confident in their ability to adapt their writing style to match an idiosyncratic voice and point of view
- is able to take feedback from editors and revise their work on a tight schedule
We’re a remote team with a home base in NYC and team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
About the Position:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote position. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional or academic endeavors.
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can schedule overlap with Pacific Time business hours when needed for customer calls.
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
20 paid days off per year (including holidays)
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary (up to 12 weeks) and secondary (up to 6 weeks) care providers
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
What’s it like to work at Animalz?
Join us for an hour-long webinar where we discuss careers, growth, and culture at Animalz. We’ll make sure to leave time to answer all your questions.
Grab a seat here. We’d love to have you on a call!