Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 60 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $50 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
We’re 100% remote
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our growing product team here at Collage.com. Our ongoing product goal is for every customer to have an outstanding experience designing and ordering photo products and this position will play a critical role in the continued achievement of that goal. This position will work closely with a mighty team of product managers, designers, researchers and engineers on the optimization of our existing products as well as driving the expansion into complex new product areas and markets. Most importantly, the Senior Product Manager will be improving the lives of our customers by giving them a platform to create products that they love.
Our Product Team Values
- We believe in developing great product through a deep understanding of our users with a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, creative use of technology, exemplary design, and an open-mindedness to new ideas.
- We believe that the whole product team – engineers, designers, and product managers – should be actively empowered to contribute to product development.
- We believe in the lean approach of cheaply and quickly validating assumptions with evidence, and iterating quickly.
- We are committed to improving the lives of our customers and providing the best possible work environment for our team members.
- Lead and collaborate closely with a product team consisting of designers, researchers, and dedicated engineers.
- Manage and carry out research to identify, understand, assess, and present user problems and new opportunities.
- Draft, collect feedback on, and finalize requirements docs and functional specifications for projects to be built by the engineering team.
- Manage and prioritize a backlog of issues, as well as run biweekly sprints with the engineering lead.
- Work cross-functionally with other product teams, marketing, physical product team, customer service, and others as needed. Effectively manage dependencies to ensure that the right steps are taken in the right order.
- Clearly communicate ideas, expectations and progress with stakeholders and with the company as a whole.
- 5+ years experience in product management or relevant position is preferred but we are open-minded and more interested in the quality of experience than the years of experience.
- Successful experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and researchers preferably with a focus on consumer software.
- Experience putting lean methodologies into practice: capable of finding creative ways to quickly validate assumptions underlying both problems and solutions.
- A healthy level of skepticism and an analytical nature: ability to quickly absorb and analyze unfamiliar information to make decisions that are supported by sound evidence.
- Experience with UX research/design, A/B testing, data analysis, market research, e-commerce marketing, and/or software development are a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Working from home makes it easier to focus on results and develop professionally while spending less time commuting. (See our opinion piece on perks and work-life balance at mlive.com.)
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and family.
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it).
We’ll pay for computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work better.