Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, ecommerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for culture and skills add in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves and get important work done everyday.
Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, SoftTechVC, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub and others.
Shape and Support Customer Experiences
We’re looking for a full-time Remote Customer Success Representative to assist our customers with using Shippo — both the online application and the API. You will help communicate the different features, functionality, and value of our products to prospective and current customers. You will work closely with our distributed Customer Success team on managing our email and chat queues, as well as our San Francisco-based, Product Management, and Engineering teams. We currently offer support via email and chat so you must be a flawless, speedy, and empathetic written communicator.
This position is a work-from-home position for applicants outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. Prior experience working with a distributed team via online channels is a must if working remotely.
You would be a great fit for this opportunity if you are
- Energized by high-pressure situations, a fast-paced workplace, and a very busy inbox
- Familiar with supporting online applications, Internet technologies, and is adept at communicating technical concepts
- Able to influence customers’ adoption of paid product features as appropriate for their business
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and truly passionate about making sure the customer gets what they need
- Ready to dive headfirst into customer issues, and loves getting to the bottom of things
- Empathetic, with a cheerful disposition
- Able to welcome and embrace change as we continue to learn and grow!
You’re Known For Your Accomplishments of
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a direct customer-facing role, with at least one of those years being primarily via written communication
- Impeccable writing skills, with a focus on modifying your tone based on the context (customer’s happiness level, the urgency of the situation, etc.)
- Ability to work across teams to get customer issues resolved – experience working closely with software engineers on bugs or product managers on new features is a huge plus.
- Preference for someone who has previously worked in a startup environment – doing customer support for a company like Shippo is very different from working for a larger, more regimented company
- Ability to surface customers’ business needs and communicate Shippo’s ability to meet those needs
- Experience with Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk or other similar CRM
- Schedule flexibility — we do our best to have extended support hours so the ability to work earlier/later or on the weekends is a plus
- While not a firm requirement, multi-lingual candidates are a huge plus, especially French/Canadian French
Here’s What We Provide
- Wellness plans include health coverage for medical, dental, vision medical, dental, vision
- Learning budget up to $2,500 per year towards professional development
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy under a Flexible Time Off-plan
- Annual company events (summer picnic, fall retreat, winter holiday party, etc).
- 12 company-paid holidays per year