Tighten is seeking a project manager to join our fully remote team. On top of being a highly effective project manager, the ideal candidate will be an extremely effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, and should have well-formed opinions about how to manage projects in a professional context.
We also welcome applicants who aren’t sure if they meet all of the qualifications of this job posting. Very few things are absolutely inflexible if someone fits in every other way, and even if they are, we’ve often hired folks who didn’t get hired the previous time around. If you think you’ve got what it takes, but you’re worried you might be missing one qualification or another, we think you should go for it!
- Manages multiple medium and large-scale projects, including coordinating timelines, priorities, task assignments, client communication, check-in meetings
- Works with clients and internal team to define and capture requirements
- Stays on top of project progress, budget, priorities, potential hazards and communicates any concerns to management and the team
- Develops positive working relationships with client contacts & encourages trust
- Assists with the development of case studies to tell the story of successful Tighten projects
- Assists with the broader, ongoing work of the Production team
Diversity and Inclusion
We strive to assemble and maintain the highest quality, most effective team of people we can. We know that the best teams have a broad variety of perspectives and that new perspectives come from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences. These goals and beliefs lead us to actively seek a team that includes people from groups who have been traditionally underrepresented in the tech industry and in our company.
- 3 years experience as a project manager for web development, software development, or IT projects
- Lives & works in a location with full overlap of continental US hours ( ~9am to 5pm in Alaska, Pacific, Mountain, Central, or Eastern time zones)
- Access to consistent, high-speed Internet
- Fluency in the English language
- Ability to self-manage and -organize in remote work environments
- Willingness to work in a variety of agency contexts (client work, internal product work, long-running projects, etc.)
- Attention to detail: mention an alligator in your application
- Interest in and willingness to learn new technologies, refine your skill set, and keep your skills sharp in an ever-evolving tech landscape
- Familiar with agile/Agile
- Experience working with a consultancy
- Experience working with web & software development
- Familiarity with web standards and accessibility
- Working knowledge of graphic design, typography, and user experience principles
Why You Should Consider Applying
Over the past 8 years, we have been slowly building what we believe to be one of the best small software companies anywhere. We measure this not just by our ability to deliver first-rate software for our clients, but by our ability to nurture and sustain an environment where people can thrive, both personally and professionally. This is easy to say, and a lot harder to do.
Here are some of the ways that we’ve designed our company to support the ongoing development of our people:
- We don’t work overtime. Put in a good day’s work and go back to the rest of your life.
- We work time-and-materials. We’re selling our effort, not a list of deliverables agreed on by salespeople.
- We don’t work when we’re not well. Your physical and mental well-being are and equally important parts of being a healthy person and worker.
- We set aside Fridays for professional development, open source contribution, and internal efforts.
- We foster interests outside of the day-to-day work we do and we share our knowledge with our colleagues at monthly lunch-and-learns.
- We aim to avoid unaddressed conflict. Say what you mean, respectfully, and expect the same from your colleagues.
- We are personal-life-friendly. Shape your work day around your personal or family life, not the other way around.
- We hire outstanding people. Each and every person who works with us is a good, thoughtful, and conscientious individual. This fact makes us extremely proud, and it also makes coming to work a pleasure rather than a chore.
- And more! Please feel free to ask us questions about these or any other benefits in the interview!
- We’re 100% remote
- Competitive salary, $70k-85k depending on experience and other factors
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 3 weeks paid time off and paid holidays
- Support for professional development (conference attendance, support for speaking at local meet-ups, etc.)
- Wellness stipend
- Student loan support