Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Product Designer who is passionate about creating practical, simple and human solutions to complex problems which will help design the future of Hotjar – a product used by thousands of users worldwide. Product designers serve an important role here by creating simple, engaging experiences, iteratively improving the user journey, and crafting every product detail. Your success will be defined not only by the quality of your design work, but by the success of the product.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup which gives thousands of website owners, teams and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within the product team, playing a part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by generating research insights and translating them into simple and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, company requirements and technical constraints.
- Form part of the product and engineering team by collaborating with product managers and engineers – from discovery to delivery, on to monitoring after release.
- Design engaging experiences in an iterative manner, using flow diagrams, sketches and prototypes, taking care to validate your concepts with customers along the way.
- Translate validated concepts into experiences, by means of interaction design and high-fidelity visual composites.
- Follow internal style and brand guidelines for UI/UX, whilst contributing to the maintenance and improvement of such guidelines.
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing and shipping digital products and systems.
- Ability in the entire product development process, from discovery through to delivery and monitoring of the solution.
- Natural inclination to always thinks MVP first.
- Sound grasp of technical constraints and their impact, and ability adjust the design approach taken accordingly.
- Experience leading user testing sessions and validating design efforts.
- Can prototype ideas quickly and iterate as many times as needed using tools such as InVision, Sketch, UXPin, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- HTML / CSS development considered an asset.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €90,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, and Germany (for candidates who don’t require visa sponsorship). All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.