This is a remote position based in EMEA
The People Operations specialist plays an integral role in the effectiveness of the People Team. This role will be more focused on execution of Operational and administrative tasks. Targeted areas of focus for the team member in this role will include:
- Provide backup / guidance to specialists in responding to emails in the people operations email and Slack channel to ensure extraordinary customer service to employees and leaders at GitLab.
- Maintain appropriate level of process, program, and policy knowledge in order to assist team members.
- Intake of questions, complaints and concerns.
- Escalating issues to People Business Partners as needed.
- Administration of the signing of our Code of Conduct (annual signing in February and reporting on this).
- Administer probation period process – liaising with managers, communicating with PBP’s, updating team members. Update probation periods in BambooHR and the handbook.
- Manage full cycle of the relocation process and liaise with other teams as necessary.
Identify automation opportunities.
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process that improves the employee and/or manager’s experience.
- Announcing changes and improvements on the Company Call and related slack channels.
- Engagement survey administration & implementation.
- Exit and Stay interviews for Individual Contributors.
- Provide support and cover for Associates including completion of Onboarding issues and Offboarding issues.
- Providing support to the Senior Specialist regarding contract changes and administration.
- Work with the ITOps team and video conferencing vendor to improve the experience for GitLab Team members and the team administering the call.
- Engage with co-employer’s and PEO’s on a regular basis, especially during onboarding within those regions.
- Identify gaps during GitLab onboarding and co-employer processes.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks.
- Administering PTO Ninja.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development would be important in this role.
- Prior extensive experience in an HR or People Operations role.
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active.
- Willingness to work odd hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible.
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years related experience.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook . The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .