Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors, and Masters programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting. FT Faculty members teach a total of 12 courses for Bachelor program or 12 courses for Graduate programs each year, including meeting annual service and scholarship.
- Provide a student-centered learning environment which enables students to attain success.
- Maintaining program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace skill levels for graduates.
- Reporting concerns regarding student academic progress to Academic Advisors.
- Referring students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Actively assisting the University in retention efforts which may include telephoning students who are not engaged in the course.
- Participating in the institutional assessment as assigned.
- Regularly attending and participating in faculty meetings and continuous improvement sessions.
- Assisting Chairs and Deans in developing and implementing new programs as assigned.
- Remaining current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology that are applicable to the program.
- Maintaining open and timely communication with students and the University via Purdue University Global e-mail. Responses to student emails must occur within 24 hours (with weekends counting as one 24 hour period).
- Providing students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
- Completing other duties as assigned by the Academic Department Chair, or Deans.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades.
- Doctoral degree in Management or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Evidence of intellectual activity required: Publishing in a double-blind, peer-reviewed journal no less than twice in a 5-year period or by publishing at least one double-blind peer-reviewed journal publication and have at least two other published intellectual contributions (e.g., research monographs, scholarly book or chapter, peer-reviewed proceedings) in the last 5 years.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required. Additional PMI Certifications preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in the field of Project Management
- Minimum of 5 years Online Education Experience Required
- Course Development Experience Required.
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
Building on Purdue’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, high-quality education, Purdue University Global is a public, nonprofit institution that offers a world-class education online.
We are dedicated to adult students who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, making it possible to achieve a degree from the respected Purdue University system—from anywhere in the world.
Purdue Global is Part of the Renowned Purdue University System
Purdue West Lafayette was founded in 1869 as Indiana’s land-grant institution. The Purdue University system serves students through its flagship campus in West Lafayette, a network of regional campuses and technology centers across Indiana, and now Purdue Global, which can be accessed online at any time.
Purdue’s main campus in West Lafayette is one of the most prestigious research universities in the world. It routinely ranks highly in accredited national and world university rankings like the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education for its distinguished academic programs.* These rankings demonstrate Purdue’s commitment to providing a higher education at the highest proven value.
In April 2017, Purdue reinforced its status as one of the world’s most innovative universities by announcing it would acquire Kaplan University, a longtime leader in online adult education, and create a new, public institution—which is now Purdue Global.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB- https://ghc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Purdue_Global_Careers/job/RemoteNationwide-USA/Full-Time-Faculty–Project-Management_JR201944/apply