We are looking for a Director of Newsletter Sales to act as our sales coach and team leader. You must have experience working deep in the trenches as a highly productive media salesperson as well as experience as a sales leader that has scaled sales teams from $2M to $10M+ in annual revenue, set targets, and hired/managed/trained a team to be as effective as possible.
Your primary goal at Inside is to maximize our sales team’s performance and grow revenue by helping our salespeople develop their skills and achieve their quotas.
Your responsibilities include mentoring salespeople, designing individual and team training programs, tracking progress and ensuring all quotas are met or exceeded consistently. To be successful in this role, you must have experience as a player-coach and a strong understanding of sales strategies and technologies, plus the ability to motivate employees of varying seniority.
Our team is entirely remote.
- Implement monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets for salespeople to get to $10M in revenue in three years or less
- Be hands on – know each salesperson’s pipeline, strengths and weaknesses, and own their paths to the next milestone in revenue
- Attend and contribute to weekly leadership meetings, owning all pipelines, forecasting and other key sales metrics
- Identify individual and team training needs
- Develop educational material, including presentations, sales scripts and case studies
- Onboard and train new salespeople
- 3-5+ years of media sales experience
- Closed at least $1.5M+ in media sales annually, scaled a sales team from at least $2M to $10M+ in revenue
- Ability to close deals individually
- Strong ability to coach and manage a team of remote employees to close deals to consistently hit sales numbers
- Tech-savvy, with a deep understanding of how to maximize tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach.io, Pipedrive
- Drive the team’s sales strategy, implement and execute on that strategy
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and reporting
- Have a natural inclination to go the 2nd mile
- Possess great leadership skills