We’re looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global virtual startup accelerator with a goal of providing world changing early stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship and networks necessary to successfully raise, build, and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition.
- We’re a veteran founding team with decades of experience, numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we’re looking for the next member of our team.
- We’ve helped fund over $150M into companies and are looking for entrepreneurial oriented individuals who are in it for the long-haul to truly help startups and create investment returns to our investors.
- If you’re looking to make a difference, we’re here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.
That being said, we’re a 100% personal meritocracy so before we move forward do you fit our core company values?
- Personal Integrity – We take ownership for our responsibilities and do what we say we will do no matter what.
- Humble & Coachable – We have respect for authority and experience, but also a hunger for constant feedback.
- Self Motivation – We strive to learn, grow, and constantly improve ourselves so that we can contribute to the team.
- Gritty Resolve – We face down all adversity, we take all criticism, and we get knocked down, but we always get back up.
- Passionately Ambitious – We put everything into our work because accomplishing the team goal equals personal success.
If you do, and you are ready to grow exponentially as an individual and in your career, apply below.
What we are looking for:
Our dream candidate’s #1 trait is a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out. You’ll be working closely with the founders as we rapidly grow, deploy new technologies, and all of the birthing pains that come with it.
We’re looking for someone who is hyper-organized, resourceful, and that truly enjoys working as a team to achieve the company vision. You must be able to prioritize who needs between executives and departments, proactively reach out to offer and receive guidance, and solve any roadblocks within the startup’s operational and departmental efficiencies.
We’re looking for a scrappy and hands-on marketing contributor and leader. You’ve personally led teams before and have significant experience using advertising channels in lead generation and funnel development. You love helping people solve their problems with a fantastic product, as well as coaching a team to deliver phenomenal results.
You have a strong work ethic and are remarkably persistent. You’re a data-driven marketer and use an iterative, test-driven approach to generate and then convert leads. You understand more than just the initial close, and know-how to think about the relationship with the customer and LTV. You should have a strong grasp of current marketing technology tools and strategies, and be able to develop integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Hungry, humble, and a desire to do great things together
- Worked within or led a previous marketing team in the startup arena
- Comfortable working closely with founders, giving and receiving feedback
- Desire to establish a career + entrepreneurial/startup mindset
- Seeks responsibility but understands the need for mentorship
- Comfortable filling multiple marketing hats/roles in a fast-paced company
Job Responsibilities including, but not limited to
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Efficiently utilize marketing spend to lower user acquisition and CAC costs.
- Expand our customer acquisition channels and improve existing ones.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Optimize conversion funnels including e-mail marketing, ongoing promotions, notifications, and retargeting campaigns.
- Work with the leadership team to identify relevant KPIs, track, optimize, and report on them.
- Work to position Newchip and yourself as thought leaders in the industry.
- Work with the Product Team to influence the product roadmap towards the needs of growth.
- Oversee and manage existing direct response channels, develop and test new channels, and scale the ones that deliver significant ROI.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all channels.
- Provide forecast guidance and direct key marketing analysis.
- Work with marketing and product team to design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Communicate acquisition results and priorities across the organization.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies with the marketing, finance, and product team.
Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests to lower CAC and increase conversions.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience.
- Utilize the strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints with the product manager and product team.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners as the team grows and needs to develop.
- Digital Marketing Director > Director of Digital Marketing> VP Marketing > Chief Marketing Officer
- Potential to grow and evolve into additional or separate roles based on passion, drive, and skills
- Organization and attention to detail. We can’t stress this enough. You’ll create systems that streamline everything across the team. You must be the person who doesn’t let the balls drop and can communicate to ensure others don’t either.
- Strong people skills. You’ll be working with a lot of team members and customers; some are introverted. You should have a talent for making people feel instantly comfortable, willing to share, and communicate effectively.
- Independent problem solver. We want someone who’s able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Newchip. Must be solution-oriented, not problem-oriented. When you see a problem, you don’t point at it, your immediate reaction is to offer a solution. In other words, the ability to create, be mentored, and also effectively use Google. Rarely is a problem a “first”, if you can learn to solve it without help, that’s a major win.
- Prioritize efficiently. You’ll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important to the company mission and priorities, and get those done.
- Learn quickly. There are tons of details to learn; securities regulations are quite complex and we move fast. You must be able to absorb and retain a lot of facts quickly; nobody likes answering the same question three times.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team, including direct experience developing and executing marketing strategy with 5+ years experience
- BS/MS degree in marketing or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience with standard marketing tools, funnels, analytic systems, and KPI’s
- Experience with performance and channel marketing including managing Adwords, Facebook, and affiliates spends
- Team experience – you’ll be working with a team so you’ll have to work well with others.
- You’re a proficient acquisition marketer with experience across multiple channels, including Facebook, SEM, and content.
- You plan and direct longer-term marketing strategy against goals and budgets.
- You’re highly competent with web analytics tools and Excel, experience with SQL is a big plus.
- You’re comfortable directing analysis around payback and attribution, and you’re capable of running some on your own.
- You’re an effective communicator of marketing strategy and outcomes.
- You’re comfortable reporting and presenting marketing results to various company stakeholders.
- You’re able to solve complex problems without getting deterred by failure.
- You test new strategies and campaigns relentlessly.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments/testing.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking and process.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Experience creating enterprise case studies, white papers, and client stories is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality in marketing collateral and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing collateral and how to adapt messaging and design to each form, user demographic, and channel.
- You must be extremely driven by the prospect of building a high-performing marketing function that scales with Newchip over time.
- Ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines, communicate needs, and address concerns immediately.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- Competitive paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays)
- Industry competitive salary + equity stock options
- Free weekly lunches, plus endless snacks and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Stipend for training & development
- Monthly platform investment stipend
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
- Welcome swag + massage + meditation room + more!
Want to stand out? Provide a cover letter on why you want to work with Newchip, a portfolio of previous work and samples, and a link to your LinkedIn via email to [email protected] Video intro cover letters are a plus!!