The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for researching prospective clients, creating outreach strategies, and identifying sales opportunities. SmartBug’s BDR seeks out and builds new business for SmartBug as part of our Intelligent Inbound™ marketing and sales strategy. With a strong understanding of the marketing and sales landscape, the BDR uses strong interpersonal and communication skills to build rapport, make connections, and help future clients as they navigate their Buyer’s Journey. Strong analytical skills are essential to spot trends and look for ways to increase their own sales performance.
- Use your marketing and business acumen to identify how SmartBug could help a business grow through Intelligent Inbound™.
- Review, research, and qualify the 500+ new leads generated through SmartBug’s inbound marketing efforts. This includes conducting high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media.
- Leverage online tools and systems such as HubSpot CRM, Datanyze, LinkedIn, and good old Google to enrich data so we have a more well-rounded view of a prospective client.
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Sales Representatives to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership with SmartBug.
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned.
- Report on, meet, and exceed weekly sales activity goals and monthly opportunity quotas.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a similar role (SDR/BDR/AE)
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- A track record of high achievement (quota).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous marketing experience OR a self-driven marketing education through books, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who will challenge you to be better.
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools—Experience with HubSpot is a plus.
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
- Application submission
- Video application submission
- Phone screen with HR
- Video call with VP of Sales & Marketing
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s CEO
Our Extensive Employee Benefits Program Includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For more than 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We’re one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and were named HubSpot’s Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With five Comparably awards won in 2018 and certification as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year in a row, it’s clear that it’s not just our clients that like us.